This sweet and savoury apple and rice stuffing made with Gala and Granny Smith apples is full of flavour and will be a crowd-pleaser at your next dinner!
Apple and Rice Stuffing
RECIPE CREATED BY Georgia Eliopoulos@extrasparklesplease
Georgia has been creating recipes for as long as she can remember. Her two sons are her biggest critics, and her goal is to share delicious dishes both her children and audience will enjoy!
- 1 Gala apple, diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups dried pieces of bread or croutons used for stuffing
- 4 mild or Italian sausage (cooked)
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 stalks celery diced
- 3 mixed cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1/3 cup almonds (chopped)
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/218°C and take out your casserole dish. While the oven is preheating, cook your rice and sausage.
- Add a tbsp of oil to a pan and cook your onion and celery until tender.
- Once everything is done, grab a bowl and combine ALL your ingredients together. Place combined ingredients into your casserole dish and cover. Bake for 15 minutes and for the dish to get extra crispy on the top, cook for an extra 7 minutes without the foil.
- Garnish with some more rosemary, serve warm, and enjoy everyone praising this dish.