This plate is a delightful and visually stunning dish that combines the crisp freshness of thinly sliced California-grown apples with the sweet-tart allure of a vibrant California strawberry coulis. The thin apple slices are elegantly arranged on the plate, creating a carpaccio-like presentation, sitting atop a canvas of olive oil and strawberry coulis, adding a burst of colour and flavour. Served alongside burrata and sourdough bread, this combination is delicious.
RECIPE CREATED BY Abhishek Dekate@abhishekdekate
Abhishek Dekate is a Toronto-based content creator and stylist. His creative passion revolves around the realms of home aesthetics, interior design, gastronomy, and the art of entertaining. With an eye for beauty and an innate talent for curating captivating visuals, Abhishek brings a unique blend of creativity and style to every project he undertakes.
- 2 cups (500mL) California strawberries, washed and dried
- 3 tbsp. (45mL) sugar
- 1 tsp. (5mL) lemon juice
- ½ tsp. (2.5mL) lemon zest
- 1 California-grown Granny Smith or Gala apple, washed, dried and sliced
- ½ cup (125mL) strawberry coulis
- 1 navel orange juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 burrata ball
- fresh sourdough bread of choice
- Garnish: flaky sea salt + sliced strawberry
- Prepare the strawberry coulis.
- Add California strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest to a medium pan sauce pan.
- Stir to combine and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let it cool for about 10 minutes and then run it through a fine sieve into a clean bowl to make the coulis super smooth.
- Set aside.
- Thinly slice a California-grown Granny Smith or Gala apple and toss it in the juice of one navel orange.
- Add a healthy drizzle of olive oil to the plate. Spoon in the strawberry coulis in the middle.
- Fan out the sliced apples on top of the strawberry coulis.
- Garnish with flaky salt and fresh strawberries.
- Serve with burrata cheese and sourdough bread.