Crispy autumn apple fries tossed in sweet cinnamon sugar and a drizzle of homemade vegan caramel sauce.
RECIPE CREATED BY Greg Bellefontainegregsvegangourmet
Greg Bellefontaine is the content creator of “Greg’s Vegan Gourmet” – the Instagram page and recipe hub with over 150k followers for people who want quick and accessible vegan recipes, without sacrificing taste or convenience. With mouth-watering photos and aesthetic videos that inspire his audience to embrace good food, you’ll want to try it all – whether you’re vegan or not!
- 2 California Granny Smith or Gala Apples
- 1/4 cup (60mL) corn starch
- 3 tsp (15mL) cinnamon
- 2 cups (500mL) frying oil
- 1/4 cup (60mL) white granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp (45mL) almond butter
- 2 tbsp (30mL) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15mL) coconut oil
- With an apple corer, core and split each apple into 8 separate wedges.
- Mix the cornstarch with 1 tsp (5mL) of cinnamon and toss apple slices to coat.
- Add the frying oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat, place each coated apple on their side. Cook 4-5 minutes until browned. Flip for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat, setting the apples aside to drip dry (they should be crisp, browned and not too soft)
- In a small cup, mix the sugar and remainder of cinnamon until fully combined (use more or less cinnamon to your liking).
- Sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar over the fried apples. Flip and repeat.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- In a small pot on low-medium heat add coconut oil, maple syrup and almond butter. Whisk until combined. Drizzle over top of apples.