A powerhouse of flavour, this salad has a zingy, nutty dressing that requires just a few ingredients.
- 3 cups (750ml) shredded kale
- 2 cups (500ml) shredded red cabbage
- 1 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 USA Granny Smith Apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) roasted peanuts
- 3 green onion, sliced
Sesame Peanut Dressing:
- 3 tbsp (45ml) rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30ml) peanut butter
- 2 tbsp (30ml) toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp (15ml) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lime juice
- 1 tsp (5ml) soy sauce
- Toss together kale, red cabbage, pepper, and apple slices in a large serving bowl. Sprinkle with peanuts and green onion.
- To make dressing, whisk together vinegar, peanut butter, sesame seeds, maple syrup, lime juice and soy sauce in a small bowl. Drizzle over slaw just before serving.