This recipe for apple strawberry blondies is the perfect fall treat! They’re easy to make in a large mixing bowl and are gluten free and grain free.
RECIPE CREATED BY Jess Hoffman@choosingchia
Jess is the creator of Choosing Chia, a healthy food blog that focuses on cooking with wholesome ingredients. She’s a passionate self-taught cook with a love for healthy food that is easy to make and actually tastes good.
- 1-½ cups (375mL) almond flour
- ¾ cup (180mL) brown sugar
- 1-½ tsp (7.5mL) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1.25mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2.5mL) cinnamon
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup (180mL) cashew butter
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
- ½ California Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 6 California strawberries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees (180°C) and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the almond flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 2 eggs, cashew butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and gently fold together until incorporated.
- Add in the California-grown Granny Smith apples and strawberries and mix together.
- Pour the batter into the 8×8 in pan and bake for 22-28 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on the countertop before cutting into bars.