These cookies feature a favourite flavour combination of caramel and apple to create the perfect fall treat. With just a few ingredients and some quick, simple steps, they will be a great addition to your fall recipes.
RECIPE CREATED BY Melissa Philipchalk@petitelittleseveryday
Melissa shares daily adventures in cooking and baking, motherhood, décor, D.I.Y.’s, and everything else in-between.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup, chopped and peeled Gala apples
- caramel sauce – use store-bought to make it easy!
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 175°C.
- Combine the dry ingredients together. In a mixing bowl, add together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and rolled oats.
- In a separate bowl, beat together butter and both sugars (granulated and brown sugar). Add in 1 egg and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined. Gently fold in chopped Gala apples until combined.
- Roll cookies into balls and place onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until the cookies look set.
- Remove cookies from the oven and let them cool for about 10 min.
- Drizzle caramel sauce on top. Best enjoyed warm!