If you’ve been looking for a fun, healthier twist on the classic apple pie this season, this one’s for you! The California-grown Granny Smith apples bring out the most refreshing tart flavours, and combined with that ooey-gooey caramel sauce, it’s truly a match made in heaven. This twist on an apple pie is made with a doughy two-ingredient crust, layered with California-grown apples and cinnamon, and topped with the silkiest vegan caramel sauce.
Caramel Apple Pizza
RECIPE CREATED BY WakeUpAndKale@wakeupandkale
Arisha is an athlete and recipe creator from Vancouver with a passion for living a healthy yet balanced lifestyle. Her goal is to inspire others to enjoy cooking, and to show how easy and delicious healthy eating can be.
- 1-½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (coconut yogurt for vegan)
- 3 diced Granny Smith apples
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup oats
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
Vegan Caramel Sauce:
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 12-inch pizza pan.
- For pizza crust, combine flour and Greek yogurt in a medium-size bowl. Knead with your hands into a round ball of dough.
- Flour a flat surface and a rolling pin, and roll the dough into a large round circle that fits your pizza pan (about ½ inch thick). Transfer to your prepared pan, folding over edges slightly.
- For apple filling, combine diced apples, coconut sugar, flour and cinnamon. Spread on top of crust in an even layer.
- For crumble, combine all ingredients until mixture sticks together when pressed between fingers, and starts to form some clumps. Scatter all over top of your apple filling.
- Bake pizza for 20-25 minutes, until apple filling is bubbly and crust is lightly golden.
- While the pizza is baking, prepare your vegan caramel sauce. Combine all caramel ingredients until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Once your pizza is done baking, let cool for at least 15 minutes. Then drizzle caramel sauce over entire pizza, slice, and enjoy!