This colourful, crunchy salad is loaded with nutritious, whole foods to help you re-calibrate your eating habits and feel good from the inside out.
- 1 red U.S. Gala apple*, cored and sliced
- 1 green U.S. Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apple, cored and sliced
- 4 cups (1 L) baby spinach
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped white radicchio or regular radicchio
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup (125 mL) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 avocado, chopped
Apple Cider Rosemary Vinaigrette:
- ½ cup (125 mL) olive oil
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped rosemary
- 1 large clove garlic, grated or minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pepper
- ½ tsp (2 mL) kosher or sea salt
- In a large bowl or deep platter, toss together apple slices, spinach, radicchio, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts. Top with blue cheese and avocado.
- In a mason jar, place olive oil, vinegar, honey, Dijon, rosemary, garlic, pepper and salt. Secure lid and shake for 5 seconds or until emulsified. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad to serve.
Tip: Any leftover dressing makes a flavourful marinade for beef, chicken, pork or firm tofu.
* Other varieties, such as Honeycrisp, Fuji, Empire, Jonagold, Red Delicious, Braeburn, McIntosh, Cripps Pink and Red Rome will work equally well.