Crafted with cottage cheese, these protein-loaded mousse cups are zesty and delicious. They’re a healthy snack that keeps you energized throughout your day.
- 2 cups (500ml) cottage cheese
- 3 tbsp (45ml) maple syrup
- 2 tsp (10ml) lemon zest
- 2 tbsp (30ml) lemon juice
Date Tahini Caramel:
- 12 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup (125ml) boiling water
- 1/4 cup (60ml) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30ml) tahini
- 1/4 tsp (3ml) kosher or sea salt
- 2 small USA Gala Apples, diced
- 1 tsp (5ml) lemon zest
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (10ml) maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp (1ml) each ground cinnamon and ground ginger
- Mint leaves for garnish
To make cheesecake mousse:
- Place cottage cheese, maple syrup, and lemon zest and juice in a blender cup.
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Divide mousse among 4 cups or small glasses; set aside.
To make date tahini caramel:
- In a clean blender cup, blend dates, boiling water, maple syrup, tahini, and salt with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Divide evenly on top of cheesecake mousse in cups.
To make apple topping:
- In a bowl, combine diced apples, lemon zest and juice, syrup, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Spoon topping evenly over date tahini caramel and garnish each cup with mint leaves before serve.