Cozy up with a creamy and nourishing bowl of fall flavours with roasted apples and parsnip, topped with parmesan crisps and micro greens. This soup is easy to make and beautiful enough to wow guests with, too.
Roasted Apple & Parsnip Soup
- 2 USA Granny Smith Apples, chopped
- 4 parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2ml) poultry herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) each salt and pepper
- 4 cups (1L) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup (175ml) 35% whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- Garnish: diced USA Granny Smith Apples, parmesan crisps, micro greens
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- On a large baking sheet, combine apples, parsnip, onion, oil, garlic, poultry herb seasoning blend, salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes. Scrape mixture into a large saucepan; add broth, cream and wine. Bring to a boil and reduce to simmer; cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend soup in a blender or in the saucepan with an immersion hand blender. Return to heat and warm through to serve.
- Garnish bowls with diced apple, parmesan crisps and micro greens.