The Herbed Apple Salsa brings wonderful flavours to an easy, well-balanced sheet pan dinner of green beans, potato wedges, and chicken.
Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken with Herbed Apple Salsa
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 175g each)
- 2 tbsp (30ml) olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp (10ml) store bought chicken and rib spice rub
- 6 small Yukon gold potatoes, cut into wedges
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups (500ml) french green beans, halved
Herbed Apple Salsa:
- 2 small USA Gala Apples, diced
- 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15ml) grainy Dijon
- 1 tbsp (15ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15ml) chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 tbsp (15ml) thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F (235°C)
- Place chicken breasts in a large sheet pan and season all over with 1 tbsp (15ml) oil and spice rub. Arrange chicken to one side. Add potatoes to other side and season with remaining 1 tbsp (15ml) oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make herbed apple salsa, combine apples, oil, grainy Dijon, vinegar, rosemary, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Remove sheet pan from oven; mix beans with potatoes and top chicken with apple salsa.
- Return sheet pan to oven and roast further 7-10 minutes or until apples have softened and potatoes are light golden.